Welcome

I know you are on this site because you love Troy and care about him. The family wanted to create this to keep friends informed of his progress and share God's blessings, grace and mercy that He has shown us over the past weeks. We have come far, but the journey is still long. Please continue to keep us in your daily prayers. We thank and love you. I leave you with this - Troy's last words to Robin before the ventilator was put in, "Our God is an Awesome God".




Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Leap Forward

Wow! I had a great visit with Troy today and I have good news to share. He is so much stronger with each visit. It's amazing. You can see a difference in him each day. We had an actual conversation today...not just me talking and asking him questions, but with him initiating the conversation and asking me things. And his voice...he had such strength in it today. I could hear him plainly from my seat by the bed without leaning in to his mouth. He had been to physical therapy twice today, and he was tired. He said it was hard, but he walked 100 feet on his own! The doctors are saying at the pace he is going he should be off the trach in a week. All the blood tests are looking good for the pancreas, but we won't know the exact condition until another cat scan is done. We have no scheduled time for that yet. I feel a sigh of relief today; like we see light at the end of a long dark tunnel. We are going to make there. God has lead us, guided us, pushed us, carried us, and maybe kicked some of us. We have learned lessons of humility, priority, patience, mercy and grace. Thank you so much for your continued prayers. "Our God is an Awesome God"

No comments:

Post a Comment