Welcome

I know you are on this site because you love Troy and care about him. The family wanted to create this to keep friends informed of his progress and share God's blessings, grace and mercy that He has shown us over the past weeks. We have come far, but the journey is still long. Please continue to keep us in your daily prayers. We thank and love you. I leave you with this - Troy's last words to Robin before the ventilator was put in, "Our God is an Awesome God".




Friday, July 23, 2010

Good Day

Troy looked great today. His eyes were brighter. I was there during therapy; so they have him up doing exercises and he is very alert. His personality was really showing through today. They had him lifting some hand weights and he started moving his hips, like he was dancing. It was so good to see him be playful. He is getting up and down out of the bed well and they said he should be going downstairs to therapy next week. They have more activities for them down there and he will be able to get stronger. He was feeling the tube in his throat, and asked to see a mirror. Kim was there with me and she explained that it was going to come out soon and he would only have a small scar. I stayed for a while and was standing by his bed, when he suddenly waved bye to me and then Kim. I asked if he wanted us to leave. Then Kim asked if he didn't want us there because he was tired or if he wanted us to go because he thought we had stuff to do and we didn't need to stay with him - like it was an inconvenience to us to be there visiting him. He raised his finger in a number 2, to say the 2nd reason. Then he put his hands together to say pray. Then he did the finger motion to make a church, and open the door, and see all the people; and he pointed at me. I said, "Are you asking me if I went to church this week?" He nodded. I told him we had been out of town, but I would go this week for sure. Troy has really been onto me about church attendance in the past months. He knows we are not as active as we used to be or should be and always asks if we are going. He amazes me, laying there with tubes going in and out, and trying to make sure that I am where I need to be spiritually! Thanks to everyone for your prayers. "Our God is an Awesome God"

No comments:

Post a Comment