Welcome

I know you are on this site because you love Troy and care about him. The family wanted to create this to keep friends informed of his progress and share God's blessings, grace and mercy that He has shown us over the past weeks. We have come far, but the journey is still long. Please continue to keep us in your daily prayers. We thank and love you. I leave you with this - Troy's last words to Robin before the ventilator was put in, "Our God is an Awesome God".




Thursday, July 22, 2010

I was with Troy today for a while after work. He was sitting on the side of the bed when I arrived. He raised his hand to me when he saw me. He was moving around quite a bit and using a lot of hand motions. The ventilator was turned off; there was only oxygen going in the tube. He was doing all of the breathing on his own. A nurse told me that typically when the machine is left off for 3 days, they remove it from the room. He continues to make progress. He is still coming out the fog of sedation. They are reducing the medicine amounts, but he is still on some of it. He was using hand motions to tell me he wanted the bed up, then down, then another pillow, then only one...at one point I didn't understand so I gave him paper. He wrote "Hi". I laughed and said hi back and he just shrugged his shoulders. He seemed like he was struggling to keep his eyes open, so I told him he didn't have to try to stay awake because I was there. I told him if he wanted to rest he could. He immediately laid his head back on the pillow. A nurse came in and gave him some shots of insulin and he never woke up. I told him several times how good he was doing and that he is getting stronger every day. The nurse said that therapy had been in that morning and exercised with him, and she gave him an alphabet chart and asked him to spell his name. He did it fine. Continue to pray for a speedy recovery. You don't know how much it means to us to have your support through prayer. "Our God is an Awesome God"

No comments:

Post a Comment